1. Turn on your Freewrite
Turn on your Freewrite and quickly get to writing by pressing the red power button in the corner of the device.
2. Start your first draft
Your device will boot into the Freewrite software. Once booted, follow the onscreen prompts to start your first draft.
3. Connect your Freewrite to Postbox for the first time
Connect your Freewrite to Wi-Fi and Postbox. Postbox, Freewrite’s web app, manages your documents and settings. Your Postbox account will be created through this step
- Rotate the Wi-Fi switch to ‘new’ position
- The screen will update to show available networks
- Select a network with the number keys or use [pg dn] or [pg up] to see more networks
- If connecting to a secure network, you will be prompted to enter a password
- Once you’re successfully connected to Wi-Fi, you will be prompted to enter an email address.The email you enter will be associated to you Postbox account
- In order to confirm your email, please repeat your email address
- Successful Wi-Fi connection prompt will appear
- Rotate the Wi-Fi switch to ‘on’ position
- Successful Postbox connection prompt will appear
- The device will automatically connect with your new Postbox account
- A temporary password for Postbox will be sent to your Postbox email address
4. Log into Postbox & change Postbox password
Once you have received your temporary password, you need to go online to log into Postbox:
- Go to postbox.getfreewrite.com on your internet browser
- Use your temporary password & email address to log into postbox
- To change your Postbox password, go to settings by clicking on <your email> in the top left corner of the website.
- Click <Preferences> to update your password
- Enter old (temporary) password and new password. Once entered, click <Done>